Bakersfield Battle For Bragging Rights
A Team Time Trial
There is a rivalry in this town! The Eastside Gentlemen started first, followed by the Westside Cycling Crew and the B-Town group. It has grown beyond that now and has become a pure contest of who can put the fastest team together.
This Team Time Trial is going to give bragging rights to the fastest set of 4-6 riders.
The course is simple: start and end at Ethels Old Corral, ride out to Lake Ming and return. As you all know, this is NOT a flat ride. When the 4-6 rider teams launch, they will be flat out for the trip of 16.5 miles and 763 feet of climbing! The team is allowed to drop down to 3 riders as they use up their “spares” pulling their “favorites” and saving them for the final attack to the finish. The final 3 riders will need to work together to ensure that they finish close together. The team time is taken on the 3rd rider to cross the finish! The other 2 cannot drop him. This levels the playing field and somewhat negates a team having a “superstar” sitting on the back waiting to attack and win.
- No TT bikes allowed.
- No e-bikes allowed.
- No recumbents allowed.
- Teams of no less than 4 and no more than 6 riders are allowed.
- If a rider has a flat, mechanical, or physical issue, and they are dropped by the rest, a SAG vehicle will assist them to get back to the start. They will not be allowed to rejoin the team while the race is ongoing.
- If there is a flat or mechanical on the course, riders my swap bikes and continue.
- Any rider dropped or unable to continue will yield the route to overtaking teams still in contention.
- Dropped or other riders unable to continue cannot interfere with riders still in contention.
- All timing and scoring will be by RFID chip.
- All riders must wear a helmet.